Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
By DANA SOURS, sports writer
GILA fans expect an awesome wrestling this year with a great, strong girls team, said assistant coach Josh Pittsenbarger.
Galena fans will get to see their hometown wrestlers at the Yukon Rumble on Dec. 1-2.
There are thirty-six wrestlers showing up to practice working as hard as they can, pushing themselves to get better day by day, said coach Pittsenbarger.
Coach Ben Blasco joins assistant coach Pittsenbarger are the 2017 wrestling coaches.
Coach Pittsenbarger is training wrestlers with conditioning, weight loss, and cardio endurance.
He said the returning standout wrestlers are the “Three Charlie Boys” – Amos Charlie, Klaydon Charlie, and Evan Charlie.
The 2017 wrestling Schedule is:
• October 20-21 – Throw Down in Snow Town at Valdez
• November 3-4 – ACS Anchorage
• November 9 – Hutch Duels in Fairbanks
• November 10-11 – Hutch Meltdown in Fairbanks
• November 17-18 – Lancer Smith in Palmer
• December 1-2 – The Yukon Rumble in Galena
• December 8-9 – Regionals at Delta
• December 15-16 – State in Anchorage